Tuesday 3 April 2012

Last day of injections


Sorry not been updating but I've been in my own little happy world trying to stay as chilled out and relaxed as possible.

Well, my right ovary has decided not to play ball at all and from having two very small follicles now is doing nothing at all. But my left ovary is doing its best and from having 4 antral follicles, now has 5 follies on the go. I had my 4th scan yesterday and they are all looking good with the dominant being 17mm and the other 4 not far behind. So the Dr has still got me stimming, right up to and including the night of my trigger shot... tonight! Can't say I'm hugely looking forward to doing 3 injections in a row, but at least that will be the end of it. And I'm booked in for my egg retrieval on Thursday morning, which as far as I can guess will have me doing my egg transfer (fingers crossed we get that far!) on Easter Sunday??? I'll be surprised if they're working then, but we shall see. It would be a good day for doing eggy things though wouldn't it?! lol

I've had to run all over town trying to get just one extra day of meds and managed to find a pharmacy that sold single vials of Menopur. It's so expensive, I don't want to have to fork out the extra money to end up with a spare vial.

Then last night I realised that I didn't have any needles for the injection so today I've had a complete mare trying to find the right size needle. I'm having to compromise a little as they sold me an insulin syringe 29G 1/2" but the needle doesn't come off for mixing. Then they didn't sell the big mixing needles on their own so had to buy a huge syringe that I can take that needle off of. Then I realised that they'd sold me the insulin needle so went back and asked for one that I could take the needle off but when I got back I realised that it is 25G 5/8". The ones I've been using up till now have been 27G so there's no way I'm sticking a 25G into me if I don't have to. So I'm going to improvise tonight with how to get the mixed up Menopur into the insulin needle. I'm in half a mind to just pull the plunger out and fill it from the top and hope I don't lose too much of it when I put the plunger back in and in half a mind to risk blunting the tip of the needle and tipping the Menopur vial upsidedown and just getting as much out as I can. Not sure which is the lesser of the two evils.

No comments:

Post a Comment