Tuesday 24 April 2012

1st hCG beta result


Got my result - 755 mIU/ml.

That's now got me debating how far along I am. I thought I was 4w+5 today and one IVF due date calculator has me at 4+5 while another has me at 4+4. My test was yesterday so if I was at 4+3 then my result is fine because it should be between 400 and 1000. But if I was at 4+4 yesterday then things may not be so good because it should be between 1050 and 2800. But I guess the important thing is that it's doubled by the next time, assuming that they ask for me to go for another one.

The test results sheet has much broader ranges though and just says:
4 weeks: 50 - 500
5 weeks: 100 - 5000
6 weeks: 1000 - 50000
2nd - 3rd month: 10000 - 100000

So I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

Update:
Just got my call and they're happy with the results, no need for another one. Now I'm to make an appointment for a scan in two weeks time. But it's never easy. My RE is the one who does the scans. He gets back from holiday the day before I head off on holiday for 3 weeks and doesn't attend at the clinic until half an hour before my flight which is obviously not going to work out. So the midwife is going to talk to him about it and will call me back tomorrow to see what he suggests. It's never simple with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment