Saturday 14 July 2012

Getting it out in the open


I had a bit of a down afternoon yesterday & ended up having a good heart to heart with my family as no one had even asked once since I got back from the UK how I was doing or if I was ok even on days where it was clear I'd been crying. I took is as not caring or them assuming everything was all better already. It turns out they weren't saying anything at all because they didn't want to bring any more pain & hurt.

I was getting more & more resentful of what I was taking as a complete lack of support and it was all just a big misunderstanding. So it came to a head yesterday but the good thing is I feel supported by them now & I can finally talk about it with them if I want to.

Obviously I cried a lot but the good thing is I can't remember when the last time I cried about this was, which means it'll be even longer till the next time, if it happens at all. I think (I hope) I'm nearly done grieving & can soon move on to just being ok with what happened.


I hadn't realised that my Mummy especially was also grieving the loss of what was going to be other grandchild. So we looked at all the scan photos together and obviously cried together. And although really sad, it was really lovely too.

I think yesterday really helped in some way in the whole process of grieving. Like none of us could really move past a certain point because we weren't talking about it. But now that we have and we can, it's like some sort of sticking point has been moved out of the way. Bizarre but very healing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment