Friday 23 March 2012

March 23rd, 2012


Well af arrived today... well, late last night, so I start with my first injection tomorrow.

How do I feel? excited, Nervous, apprehensive / worried we won't get any decent eggs out of me. But there's only one way to find out. I guess I like to be prepared and ready for a step or two ahead, so I read up a lot yesterday on donor eggs. It's really not something that I want to consider. But if my eggs really are no goers then I think that it is something I could live with. I want desperately to pass on my DNA, but I also desperately want a baby with my husband, and just because I may not be able to do the former doesn't mean that I would not want the latter. But it still makes me well up at the thought of not being able to pass on my genes. Weird isn't it, how that's even something that matters. I guess that's what people talk about mourning the loss of their DNA. And in a way, I suppose I'm trying to prepare myself for that, but I really really hope that it's not going to be something that I have to do. But again, there's only one way to find out.

We only need one perfect egg for it to happen...

Roll on tomorrow evening and getting this thing started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment